Retreats are an essential requirement for teachers of mindfulness-based approaches (MBAs) to meet good practice guidelines. This bursary fund will support mindfulness-based trainees and teachers at key stages in their development to attend retreats.
A bursary application should show how it aligns with the Mindfulness Network vision and specifically how this bursary will benefit the wider community, especially underrepresented communities, or as part of a charity or social enterprise.
In monthly meetings, a panel will carefully review each bursary application based on the information provided, considering both the level of support requested and the funds available. Priority will be given to those teaching in communities with wide reaching impact.
Please check that you meet the following criteria, and it is recommended to include information about all of these criteria on the application form:
- you meet the pre-requisites listed for your chosen event on the Mindfulness Network Calendar
- you are either a trainee or trained mindfulness-based teacher in the UK who meets or who is working towards meeting the British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches (BAMBA) guidelines for mindfulness-based teachers
- your work will reach people who may not otherwise be able to access mindfulness and/or support equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI), in line with our EDI Policy.
- you are in clear need of financial support
- the service is essential for you to progress
You can apply for up to 50% towards the cost of a chosen retreat, depending on your circumstances and the funds available. A bursary place is not a free place. We ask you to also think carefully about the value you place on this service in the light of your own finances and to contribute as much as you can toward the retreat.
Bursary-assisted places are available until three months before the start date of a retreat or compassion event. We strongly recommend that you complete the bursary application form well in advance and wait for the bursary panel decision before booking onto the event. Bursaries will not be granted for an event that is within three months, has already taken place or for events sought outside of the Mindfulness Network.
Ready to Apply?
To apply for a bursary place, please download and complete the application form, and then email it back to us at email@example.com.
If your application is successful and is at least three months before the start date, you will then be able to apply for bursary-assisted place on your chosen retreat.